Monday, April 22, 2024

Isn't life funny

 Not in the funny ha ha kind of way.  

Life changes in an instant doesn't it.  My mom fell and broke her hip.  She's had to have a partial hip replacement.  What a gnarly surgery!  Her surgeon explained all the particulars to us.  I'm not fascinated about medical stuff, but I wanted to know what he had done to my mother.  I was listening and understanding what he did.  My brother sat there with his fingers in his ears.  NO JOKE.  51 years old.  My older brother blanched white.  Ding dong boys.  She is on her way to going home.   Mom hasn't loved rehab, but she's done the work. We aren't sure how things will be different but going home she is!  

We had a grandbaby who was coming to join our family.  It wasn't meant to be.  That has been hard on all of us.  We are so very sad.  They are hurting with the loss.  It's a painful thing, missing/grieving for someone you didn't know you wanted.  We all had instant dreams and wishes for this little one. As a family we were so excited.  Now we are just sad.  

My sister in law's dad is fighting cancer.  They live across the country from each other.  It's scary and hard to deal with.  My heart hurts for her.  Prayer is all we can offer and some days it just doesn't seem enough. When things go sideways with my mom/brothers, I'm just across the state from them.  I can't imagine living across the country. I hate cancer.  

I just keep thinking, we are all just one heartbeat away....  feels weird.  

Remember if someone matters to you, tell them!  Leave nothing unsaid.  You really just don't know. 

Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment