Monday, December 12, 2022

The follow up

                                             

Well, the cast is off, and the pin is out.  I wore 2 shoes out of the pin removal appointment. The nurse said I wouldn't be.  She gave me a post-surgery shoe.  When the doc came in, I asked if I could wear my shoe after.  She said sure, it's up to you. Challenge accepted.  It hurt like a dirty mother getting it on, but on it went.  I had to really loosen the laces to get my foot in my shoe.  The pin hurt coming out.  Doogie Houser said it wouldn't. I did ask her if she had ever had one done.  She smiled and said no.  Oh yes it did.  As soon as it was out, and she was done the pain stopped though.  It wasn't HORRIBLE but not fun either.  I don't have to have physical therapy.  My physical therapy is just walking.  Well, I walk all the time.  So, walking I am. I'm not allowed to hike yet.  Well figure that answer in January.  I did do something I don't want to repeat anytime soon though.  I was reaching for something and reflexively stood up on my tippy toes.  IMMEDIATELY gasped and sucked all the air out of the room.  Tears rushed out of my eyes.  OH man that hurt.  I thought, well at least the first one of those is out of the way.  I'm sure it will happen again.  
What is odd is that my ankle hurts/aches way more than my foot does.  It must have been the 7 weeks at a 90-degree angle.  Nobody told me about that.  
So outside of not hiking and not jogging, yet. life seems to have returned to this new normal that we have.  







So ends the saga of my foot.  Hiking here I come.  Well, as soon as the weather is better.  I'm a fair-weather kind of hiker. 
Peace














No comments:

Post a Comment