Sunday, January 9, 2011

Still Here

I figured I had better make a public post to let you know we are all still alive.
It has been a very quiet back to school/schedule kind of week. Yesterday I went North with Rescue Rita to see her mom. We took a round about way and on the way we saw Snow Geese. I did NOT have my camera. WTH! I'm almost never without my camera! They were beautiful. On the way home the snow started. We don't really have any here but it's supposedly coming. I would like a big beautiful snow storm please.


A bird from this week. She had been staring at me in the window but shifted around.


The other day I came home and this is what I found. T2 sleeping with his gun. By the number of Nerf darts all around I'm guessing it had been some war!

Today was our normal family dinner day. There was no football (Go Hawks!) since they played yesterday. Mindy came with Heir and Roommate. She LOVES my fried chicken and missed it the last time we had it. So when they came in the house they said they could smell it outside and they said it smelled WONDERFUL! I love cooking for those kids! We had fried chicken, coleslaw, mashed potatoes and gravy and a big salad and rolls. It all turned out so good. I will cook for Roommate any day of the week. I do not know where that boy puts it. I love them all so much and can't wait for Drummer and his family to join us. I love that even if we don't/can't touch base during the week we come together on Sunday and talk and laugh and re-connect with each other and hear about every one's week. LOVE IT! The only thing better would be my parents being here too but I know they would be a bit over whelmed at how loud it gets. :) Today after dinner the kids were all here for several hours just talking and we were laughing and I got the giggles so hard I was crying. My stomach hurts from trying to stop laughing.


Monkey finishing his dinner. He ate most of a bag of crouton's. A few other things but mostly crouton's.


Post dinner nap!


A nap was clearly needed.


Skater's nap.


Roommate and Mindy waiting for dinner to settle.


Dh resting.


Heir and his mini Bugs wrestling. I think they had run out of Nerf bullets.


Mindy and Roommate showing me funny websites. HILARIOUS!

I hope you have a wonderful week.
Peace

1 comment:

  1. OH I wish I was there! It looks like you guys had SO much fun! LOVE the picture of T2...made me chuckle! Something about Triptophan in that chicken...or is that only turkey? Love you and miss you terribly! I am spoiled in the summer...

    ReplyDelete