Monday, October 7, 2019

Saigon Part Deux..

When we went back to Saigon the plan was to see some things we hadn't yet and relax and figure out how to get all the things back into our bags and then head home.  I didn't want to leave but missed everyone at home.  There is always something/someone to miss, eh?
One of the things Heir wanted his dad to see was the Vietnam War Museum.  He had already been twice so he took us and then had a business meeting and then came and met us when we were done.  I hope I am never not saddened by the human capacity for evil.  I thought the Museum would be all about bashing the USA.  It wasn't at all.  It of course was from their prospective.  It was very painful to see the pain and suffering.  I finally had all I could take so I told Dh I would be sitting on the bench in the middle when he was done.  He took it all in.  He had his personal reasons.  It was not fun but it felt very necessary.   We also went to the Ho Chi Minh City Museum.  It was so beautiful inside.  So many beautiful artifacts.  It was very interesting.  Really. We had to finalize our fittings for the clothes that we had ordered. That really was fun.  I never ever dreamt that I'd have custom clothes made.  Who'd have ever thought! 
We had  dinner at a rooftop place that had a pool up there!  So odd.  It was a beautiful last sunset. There was a glass bridge.  THAT was weird to walk over.  
On our last morning there Heir and I got up really early and got on his bike to go take a sunrise tour. Dh wouldn't go on the bike with Dh.  I couldn't wait to go. The sunrise was sort of lame due to weather.  But we didn't let that stop us.  We went on a bike tour.   We went to parts of the city that tourists really don't go to.  It was AWESOME.  We went through a market that we were the only non Asian folks there.  It was so much fun.  The traffic could have made me very nervous but I trusted my son.  I loved being on the bike.  It was almost less stressful then being in a car. Almost! There are so many little stories, memories.  I could write pages and pages.  But some were only funny because it was us and to us.  So many pictures.  So many!  I will cherish each and every one of them. Always.  Then we had to say Good bye.  Heir came home as often as possible.  Usually several times a year, but OH it still hurt to say good bye and leave him there.
Here is a picture dump in no particular order.





























Next stop... Soul Korea 

No comments:

Post a Comment