Monday, February 6, 2023

Sometimes the smell of pine isn't good.

 


In March (I think) I have done what I do for 32 years. I know I started with an itty bitty Skater on my chest.   I love being in customer service.  I really like my clients.  I am really concerned about 3 of them.  They are in poor health, and I know I really help them.  I've had most of my clients for years.  I really do like it.  

Today was a first for me.  Picture if you will, a large, jetted tub.  It's set in the middle of a largeish area.  I have to stand in the tub to clean the windowsill and the back side of the tub area.  As I moved to step out of the tub, it's a wide swing for me.  I was doing it blind, so without looking.  I stepped into the bucket!  At first, I thought I had knocked the bucket over.  It would have been a HUGE mess. Nope, I just stepped right into the bucket!  As it was the pine sol water sloshed over.  I had to run and grab a towel to start mopping it all up.  I was laughing so hard.  Of course, it was me and a Monday. I took my shoes and socks off.  The right one was DRIPPING wet.  Mrs. Client was on a business call.  She muted her mic, and I told her what happened.  She said I could go home.  No, that's not how this works.  It was just a wet foot.  So, I continued on with my day, barefoot.  I have never worked barefoot before. Well at home I have.  Mrs. and I laughed off and on all day.  She said she could totally be the one to do that.  I was going to explain the Myers gene to her, but I knew it wouldn't make sense.  But I laughed in my head.  Seriously all the stars had to aline for that to happen. A giant bathroom, 1 bucket and a size 8 1/2 shoe.   It made my Monday different.  Different is good sometimes.  Everyone that knows me will laugh. It did make me miss my Aunt just a bit more today because she would have laughed hysterically. I know it felt really good to laugh.   

So now my shoe is in front of the heater, hopefully it will be dry by morning. I did put them on to drive home.  I didn't want to take the garbage out and get to my car in bare feet. As I left I made the squish squish squish noise with my mouth as I walked by Mrs. Client.  It gave her the giggles all over again.  So on to a new week.  I hope it's not setting a precedent for the week.  Other then, if that's the worst that happens this week, it will be a good week.  

Peace                 


No comments:

Post a Comment