Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Don't squat with your spurs on

That is something my dad would say.  My version is Don't put your contacts in right after you brush your teeth.  Minty eyes don't feel so swell.  Just saying. 

A few weeks ago, my sister-in-law and I went on my first "hike" (walk) since my surgery. She picked a really cool place.  Nisqually Wildlife Refuge.  It has a beautiful board walk out onto the water.  The tide was out so mudflats for the win.  It was very cold but no rain.  It was beautiful and felt amazing to be outside.  My foot didn't hurt.  I didn't mind that it was a walk not a hike.  We saw a pair of bald eagles.  Them and hummingbirds are my favorites!  We walked 5.6 miles.  We kept a nice pace but were able to talk. Before surgery I walked 3.5 miles in an hour.  The 5.6 was 2.5 hours.  But we stopped and admired the view, took pictures and looked for eagles.  I would go back there. I think I'd like to try with the tide in for a different view. 

We then went and had a yummy lunch/dinner. It was a Southern BBQ place.  Wendy is still working on finding her way with her new place without my sister.  We did a bit of work emptying boxes and going through things.  It makes me wonder what my people will think while sorting through my things after I'm gone.  We have laughed and shaken our heads, A LOT! I love her and miss her so very much, but I'm calling a spade a spade.  My sister had VERY weird, eclectic taste, in clothes and nick naks and decorations. We laughed and cried.  I hope Chrissy knows how much she is loved and missed. 

On to my happy place, Outside!

I love reflections like this. 

Fungi are so interesting and grow in the most amazing places. 

Do you see it?  The eye and eyebrow?  After Wendy pointed this out, I kept seeing them everywhere.  And faces. It was so fun finding them. 

So beautiful.  I love where I live. Next time I hope this is full of water. 

It was busy but it didn't feel that way.  It was getting a lot busier as we were leaving. 

Mr. and Mrs. Eagle.  I have other pictures, but they were in the trees then.  Someday I will have my paparazzi lenses so I get close ups.  

I loved these 2 barns. 

It really was a great place to start my walking/hiking season off. 
I urge you to get outside as soon as you can.  For me it's a must.  
Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment