Wednesday, August 23, 2023

It's a snotty proposition

I like to walk, I love to hike. I do not like to run.

 A few years ago, I had a health scare that made me REALLY aware of my weight and what I was doing to my body. I started to walk again.  Because of where we live, I have a few specific routes I have that I'll walk.  If anything happens my people will have an idea of where I was.  

When Bugs moved out he decided to not take Amelia.  It wasn't in her best interest at that time to take her with him.  Not a problem she's been here since he got her for graduation.  Well.... She has become my walking partner.  We tend to go early in the morning.  Before it gets hot and I get involved with my day and talk myself out of it.  I was getting bored so I decided to kick it up a notch and start jogging.  I use that term VERY loosely.  But I've gone from walking a 20 minute mile to my best time of 14.30.  I'm pretty proud of that.  I usually walk a block, jog a block.  It's still a bit boring to me, the same routes all the time, but it is what I feel best doing. 

Well Smarty Pants Amelia has figured out the jogging part really well.  We missed a bunch of July for a host of reasons, but we were out of practice.  When I started back up in August, I didn't want to start out running.  So we just walked the first time out.  Amelia kept starting to jog at the streets.  She KNEW we were supposed to be jogging!  All this to say the dang dog has pressured me into a faster speed!  LOL  I still don't like running/jogging, but I love how I feel when I'm done. 

So back to my title, why does your nose run when you are jogging?  I googled it, that wasn't very helpful.  Oh well.  I will keep at it for my health and keep a tissue in my pocket. 


Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment