Sunday, October 30, 2022

A brothers love

When you are the mom of 6 boys you see all manner of things! All out brawls, the most ridiculous antics. Such as jumping off the deck onto the trampoline. NO it wasn't allowed. But things happen when you aren't looking. Sliding down the stairs in a sled, a box, on a blanket and smacking into the door. Building a luge track on the back stairs in the snow.  It worked well by the way.   My boys all have such varied tastes in things. All like music, but some are snowboarders, skateboarders. One loves all things weapons. He loves the mechanics of them. How they do what they do, the way they work. One loves to travel. He wants to see every corner of the world. He's well on his way. Really a wide array of tastes. One of my biggest prayers for my children is that when I'm gone that they will continue to love and care for each other. Laugh and crack each other up. They are very funny and love to get each other going. Either the funny kind or the picking at you kind. Depends on the day. Several years ago, Drummer was out dirt bike riding. A downed tree had a limb blocking the trail. So guys being what they are, he grabbed the limb and started to pull it to either get it to break off or to move it off the trail. Well the limb snapped back and hit him in the chest. He had a punctured a lung and broken ribs. My DIL called me and said they are taking Drummer to the hospital. I started making the calls. When we started arriving at the hospital, I'm sure the nurses were like WTH! We are a crowd. Eventually everyone but The Littles were there. There is a well-known actor with the same name as our son. I'm not sure who copied who. LOL The nurses on the floor kept coming to peak into the room when they heard "HE" was in their hospital. Yup it's "HIM" just not the HIM you thought it was. The brothers had a HUGE laugh over this. I'm sure Drummer's head grew that day. He stayed in the hospital a few days then went home with extra baggage in/out of his chest. It all came out eventually and he is just fine. I was clicking through the tv channels and found a movie with OUR actor in it. We were watching it. Thats when I started remembering this story. It made me laugh again.

                                            
                                            


The top picture is the top 4.  T2 had come in and put on a mask and gloves and said don't worry I got you Drummer. Of course, we were all laughing. They continued to make Drummer laugh.  It made him grab his chest and said OOHHH saying that hurts, then laughing again.  It was a vicious cycle of brotherly love.  Sometimes love hurts, right??  LOL They don't always get along.  They have different politics and different life goals.  BUT they do want each other to be happy and to have the life they are working for. 
When people meet me, especially when they were younger, and I was surrounded by them, they would say either, OH, I'm glad it's you.  OR were you trying for a girl?  I would always say, OH I think so too!  And NO we weren't trying for a girl, we were very open to whoever God sent to us. I always thought, what a way to invalidate these 5 guys standing right here! (We only had 5 at home at the same time.)  People are strange.  I love my boys. I can't imagine not having each and every one of them.  I also wouldn't trade any of them for a girl.  I have granddaughters now and have got to do all the girly pink things I want to.  I love that my boys love each other. 
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment