Friday, October 28, 2022

A gift idea

 I know I'm not easy to buy gifts for.  I have very eclectic tastes.  I really do like many different things.  However, I need nothing and have room for nothing.  Sooo, my favorite DIL came up with an idea for Christmas last year.  Somehow, she got the boys to agree with her.  I was so excited AND nervous but really wanted to do it.  I got a gift certificate for a balloon ride!  DH didn't get one, just me.  A sunset flight.   Oh, I couldn't wait.  It's a seasonal thing so I did have to wait but I didn't want to. We had to cancel several times due to weather.  I know people get frustrated with things like that.  I was disappointed but not frustrated.  Trust me I want to land nicely more than anyone else. Take all the time you need to get it right.  I'll wait until it's a good day.  No wind no rain, just beautiful sunset please. So, then this happened!

Stretching out, right out of the bag.

Looking up, inside the balloon.

Me.

Already to go.
                                                               
Up in the air!

She was out!

Our flight buddy.

Us

Sunset starting.

On the ground safely.

Sunset!

I think most people think it's similar to the scene from Wizard of Oz.  That isn't the case at all.  You only really know you are moving if you look down.  It's so very smooth. They send out a weather balloon before you take off.  They have cancelled even after you've shown up if the weather turns.  They give you a good little lesson before you take off.  You do have to climb into the basket, but they can open a door.  But you do stand the whole time.  They do ask how much you weigh when you make the reservation.  They need to know the load and how many people can go in this basket.  Mine held 10.  There was nine of us.   I stood right beside the gas blowing the heat up.  That is the only thing they can control.  When and how high.  There is no right or left.  It's just up or down.  All at the mercy of the wind.  It is so calm up there.  And quiet.  We could hear a dog barking WAY down.  The only real noise was the fire/gas heating up the air, to climb.  I was standing under it and as it chilled down it felt good.  Bob was our pilot and was so kind to answer all the questions and query.  Yes, A LOT from me.  I want to know all the things.  Hopefully I didn't bother Bob a whole lot.  I'm sure I'm not his only chattey Cathy.  It is such a wonderful memory.  I need nothing! I have room for nothing!   It was such a wonderful experience.  I will take that any day of the year.  It was wonderful!  DIL did good! Thank you to my guys for agreeing to the plan.  I will cherish that day for the rest of my life.  If you ever get a chance, Do it!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment