Friday, October 21, 2022

Always someone or something to miss

 On March 17th my favorite Aunt, my travel buddy my friend passed away.  I could write albums of the things we did and laughed at. She took me to places I didn't know I wanted to go to.  We had so much fun.  

When my Uncle passed away in 2012 my Auntie kind of gave up.  She didn't really want to be here without him.  They apparently had a plan and didn't keep it.  She seemed to rally and found reason's to stay and things to be happy about.  We went on our cruise to Alaska and had an amazing time.  She and I talked (on messenger) almost every day.  I taunted her with hummingbird pictures and she did the same for me with cardinals and blue birds.  She had an amazing yard and the best view out her office window.  We had shows we watched together, she was hours ahead, so she had to keep quiet until it was over here.  Amazing Race and Big Brother.  

My Aunt wasn't healthy.  She hadn't been for a long time.  However, she had a day care in her home for years.  She just lived her life and dealt the best she could.  When the Doctor said she had to go on oxygen she just didn't care anymore.  She just kind of gave up.  I went for a visit one more time.  We went on what I was sure of was our last trip.  We went to Helen Kellers home.  It really was so interesting.  I love history like that.  She was an amazing woman. She changed the world for so many. When it came time for me to come home I knew it would be last time I saw her alive.  It was.  

My heart is so broken.  Losing my Aunt so soon after my dad is just devastating. Not that anytime would have been easier.  It just feels like a huge whammy!   My family is everything to me.  When you lose someone that you care so deeply about it just leaves such a huge hole in your heart.  

I miss my dad's jokes, he and I talked often.  He would call me giggling before he even got the dad punny out.  He had the corniest jokes.  He loved me (well all of us but this is my story) with all of his being.  My aunt and I loved each other.  She was a confidant like I hope everyone has.  She loved me and I loved her.  I miss them both every day.  I still have my dad's number in my phone. I can't delete it yet.  I think of things I want to say and want to call him.  I see a hummingbird and want to send a picture to my aunt to taunt her.  We have them all year, Tennessee doesn't. 

Please cherish your loved ones.  I understand everyone isn't as close to your family as I am.  Still hold those you do love so very close.  Tell them you love them. Show them you love them.  Sometimes you don't get a second chance.  



Rest easy Auntie.  Pain free and with the love of your life.  Together again and forever.


Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment