Wednesday, January 20, 2010

BIG TROUBLE!!!!

I am in BIG trouble. Bugs has been reading Where the Red Fern Grows. He hasn't read this one as fast because he's had to read one for a book report first. Tonight LONG after he should have been asleep and he came upstairs and THREW the book on the floor at my feet SOBBING! I thought uh oh Old Dan died. Bugs has HUGE tears rolling down his face and he is trying to talk but can't because he's crying so hard. I finally figure out that he is to the part where the neighbor boy falls on the axe and dies. He is totally traumatized by this and can't believe I would allow him to read this book and WHY ON EARTH would I tell him it was a good story. I am trying VERY hard to not laugh. OH MY WORD wait until the dog dies! I console him and remind him it's a BOOK! He asked if it was based on a true story. I said No it's just a book Baby. I asked him if he was enjoying the book up until then? Yes, but the boy is dead Mama! I know. But hasn't it been fun reading about him training his dogs and hunting with them? Yes but the boy dies on an AXE mama. I know. Go to back to bed and go to sleep. After he is down in his room I told Dh this is not going to end well! He went down and took the book away and shut the lights off. We will deal with it when it happens. I think I'll leave the book choosing to himself after this! NOT GOOD!
Peace

3 comments:

  1. Flash back 50 plus years "Shep, a dog". Sobbing to my grandmother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry Nikki. I should have thought. Poor Lane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flashback for me too . . . still can tear up like I did reading your blog. Aren't words powerful. You are a very good writer. Peace to you too!

    ReplyDelete