Sunday, February 27, 2011

And the Oscar goes to.........

The last 2 Saturdays I have gone to A Best Picture showcase. It's the 10 movies up for the Best Picture for the Academy Awards.
Last Saturday the list was
Toy Story 3
127 hours
The kids are alright
True Grit
The Fighter.
Today we saw....
Winter's Bone
Black Swan
Inception
The Social Network
The Kings Speech

I didn't like Winter's Bone and the Kids are Alright at all. That's just my opinion. I liked 127 Hours but the book was way better! Of course Toy Story 3 was good but it is an animation so doesn't jazz me. Black Swan and Inception were just plain weird and it took to much thinking! I thought the Social Network was good. I really liked True Grit, The Fighter and The Kings Speech. If I had to pick a winner it would be The Kings Speech but between that and The Fighter it would be a tough call for me. The little girl in Winter's Bone did a very good job, I just didn't like the movie. Over all there is just WAY to much useless sex in most of them.
It makes for a long day but I love seeing them all back to back. Heir and Roommate and T2 went with my group of friends and I. I think they had a good time. I know I did. Tomorrow the will be here for the Oscars so we can see who called the winners.
Peace

1 comment:

  1. Regis said the same thing about Black Swan and Inception :)

    ReplyDelete