Sunday, November 7, 2010

I'm still here!

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I sort of fell apart after Dh's party. I think I could have slept a week. My mother in law stayed here for a visit. She changes the dynamics in our home when she is here. I'm glad for Dh that she was here. It meant a lot to him that his sister and brother in law brought his mom. We are still trying to figure out where one gift card came from. I did not think to have someone write down what he was opening. I'm so upset! We will get it though.
They boys loved Halloween. They haven't been ugly about the candy. I think they know if it's a problem it's gone and they won't do it again.
Dh took his mom home this weekend and said good bye to a long time good friend. Bob has been staying in Spokane for some medical things and doing a genealogy search. He's been there all summer long and is heading home. It will be hard for Dh to have him go back to NM. They would love us to come there for a visit. Maybe some day.
I just finished a photo challenge for October and I don't think I have touched my camera since. THAT is weird!
Do you remember the post with Monkey blowing/sucking up the leaves? Right after the kids were done trick/treating the next night we had a HUGE humdinger of a storm. When Dh went out the next morning it looked as if he had not touched a leaf in a year! It was hysterical! I wish I could have taken a picture of his face. It fell almost to the porch! He just turned and looked at me and said "REALLY?" I laughed so hard and told him I was glad the neighbors had SEEN him doing the leaves! Because they would never believe he had done them if they hadn't. The tree is still full with leaves. Sycamore trees are beautiful and fast maturing but boy do they have leaves!
Kind of a dis-jointed post but that's were we're at.
I hope you have a blessed week.
Peace

2 comments:

  1. I would have PAYED money to see Carmens' face the day after that storm...would have been worth EVERY penny! I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say leave the leaves, it keeps such harmony in the neighborhood AND it's good for the lawn :)

    ReplyDelete