Friday, September 11, 2009

A long came a spider

Today I had to work. I don't normally but Monday was a holiday so I had to make it up. Today's client is a 86 year old women. I love her to death. I went to the bathroom to get out my supplies and to gather the garbage. She had missed the trash can with a tissue and I grabbed it out of the bucket it had landed in and underneath it was the BIGGEST spider I have ever seen. It was half the size of my palm. NO KIDDING. It looked MEAN. I stepped back and said SHIT! Then gasped because I swore at a clients. I stood and pondered the situation for a moment then grabbed the bucket and flipped it up and into the toilet and banged it on the side as it went to make sure he went into the toilet and then flushed! Then I stood there and gathered my wits and headed with the garbage. I stopped at the bedroom and stripped the bed and would you not know it there was a HUGE spider bedside the bed. But it was dead. I just shuddered and went on to the laundry to start the sheets. Then I went back to the bathroom to clean it. I FULLY expected to see that spider sitting on the edge of the toilet seat shaking the water off of it like a dog. I walked over to the toilet and flushed it again just to make sure it wouldn't. I went on about my cleaning. Finished the bathroom switched the sheets to the dryer and finished the bedroom - changing sheets, (dusting and vacuuming. Then as I walked back down the hall to the closet and OMW there was the mama spider(not quite as big but BIG) looking for Big Papa and I had flushed him! I just grabbed the vacuum hose and sucked her up! By then I was shaking and couldn't believe it. I had visions of her gasping and choking and holding her throat in the vacuum canister. Then the rest of the time I was jumpy and thought I saw spider's every where I was cleaning and when I moved her furniture. It was not funny! I don't know if that means it's a long cold Winter coming or what but man today was freaky at work.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Peace

4 comments:

  1. I would have paid anything for a movie of all that :) Did you tell the lady she needed to call Orkin?????? I promise I'm not laughing so hard I'm not crying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The movies is gonna be great! Although I think those spiders moved to my house, we found some MONSTERS at our house outside! I don't know what they are eating but if they come in my house they are D-E-A-D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmmmmmmm I wonder who I should cast as me???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandra Bullock or Julia Roberts...just to name some...

    ReplyDelete