Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sunday catch up

Well! We seem to have all made it through Christmas just fine. My parents came on Christmas day and were here in time for dinner. Roommate came for dinner. I know he likes the food but he really came for butterscotch pie. I made 8 pies this year. My dad is here so mincemeat was necessary and Dh had someone to help eat it. Then there was 2 pumpkin, blueberry, cherry, raspberry, apple and the butterscotch. There is still some left but not much.
Everyone got some nice things for Christmas. It doesn't take much to make little people happy. The tree still looks pretty.
Today is my Aunties birthday. She is 69. I hope she is having the best birthday! They are traveling and I hope the beaches are just what she needs to renew and restore her soul. There is just something about a sandy beach that does that.
We have had a great visit with my parents. We have done NOTHING. I know it's very hard for my dad to sit and not do much but it was to cold for any "honey do" list that I could have for my dad to work on. So sit and enjoy each other's company is what we have done. My Guys have got my dad to watch some movies they knew he would enjoy. I think mostly we have eaten and slept.
We are looking forward to the new year. I want to enjoy this last week of 2009 but am hopeful for what 2010 will be bringing us. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.
Peace

1 comment: