Monday, June 22, 2009

It didn't rain on our parade

It has been a long full weekend. I went and scrap booked on Friday night. I finished my book of our 25Th wedding anniversary trip. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. We both have some journaling to do but the hard part is done. On to the next project.
Saturday night was our town's parade. It had poured and was cold and windy all day but it didn't rain on the parade. About an hour after it ended it POURED buckets.
Sunday was of course Father's day. I talked to my dad and he seemed to be having a good day. I hate that he was working on hay but that is totally who he is so I will take him at his word that he had a good day. We did whatever DH wanted to do yesterday. We goofed off and then had a nice dinner of his choosing and then had strawberry shortcake. It was wonderful.

Today Bugs had to go to work with me and the family was home for part of the time and he had new friends to play with. This child knows no strangers, just friends he hasn't met yet. He is SO his father's child.
The start of the parade
Alooooooha!
The PIRATES!
Marysville's float
Bugs and Grace. I think this is his first date. They went to the end of the driveway. At least he got to drive - even if it was her car. :)
Have a blessed week. Peace

2 comments:

  1. I just LOVED the Pirate Picture!

    Lane your just tooooooo cool~

    Happy Birthday Nikki :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of bugs driving his lady friend around is cracking me up! I know I'm late, but still, Happy Birthday! I love you!

    ReplyDelete