Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday

This weekend was lazy. It was cold dark and rainy and I had no desire to be out in it at all. I ran to the bank Sat. morning with T2 and I'm pretty sure that's the only time I left the house. I got all the laundry done, beds stripped and remade. I also finished gutting Monkey's room. I had 3 piles, Goodwill, put up for grand kids and Anita's pile. I love it when things go out the door and nothing else comes in. I didn't get as much done as I would have liked but things checked off my list non the less.
I would like to cook ONE meal that isn't taco's or pizza that someone doesn't complain about. We used to think Heir apparent was picky, he has NOTHING on Bugs and Monkey. Skater has always just lived on air. We know this and have adjusted to him just not eating. I wonder how these family's of 12 - 18 kids do it. I am tired of the "I don't like that" every flipping night. My friend Anita is so good about trying new recipes, my family would have a stroke every night!
It is flannel sheet weather and I have them on my bed. I think Fall is here and it's not happy. Dh trimmed up our huge tree out front. It looks sort of naked and bone-ish but come Spring you will never know it's been cut on. One year my dad cut it way back and you would have never guessed it a year later.
It was a pretty boring quiet weekend.
I hope you have a blessed week.
Peace

2 comments:

  1. I WANT to live on air!!!! I'm with you Nikki..something more than tacos and pizza..something more adult...like Olive Garden! I LOVE to cook and bake! Have anymore recieps you want me to try out on my family?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like to cook but when I did, it was a struggle with Tina till she decided to eat everything that went by her :) She quit eating when she was 2 and started again about 13 I think !

    ReplyDelete